As professing and obedient followers of Jesus Christ, we believe:
• That there is one God, the Creator of all things, who exists eternally as three persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
• That the entire Bible is written by the inspiration of God and that these Scriptures are inerrant in the original writings and are the final authority for faith and life.
• That Jesus Christ is fully human and fully divine, miraculously conceived through the Holy Spirit, and became flesh through the virgin birth. He lived a perfect life, and voluntarily took the judgment due sinful people by dying in our place. He died, was buried, was resurrected in bodily form, and ascended to heaven as Savior and Lord.
• That God created mankind in a state of innocence but through Adam’s transgression “sin entered the world, and death through sin.” Consequently humanity inherited a corrupt nature, being born in sin and under condemnation.
• That there is value and dignity in all people, born or unborn, old or young, female or male, and with all levels of ability and function. All are created in the image of God but alienated from Him and each other because of our sin and guilt.
• That our return to right standing is by God’s grace to all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
• That the Holy Spirit, given by God, lives within the Christian, providing the transforming power to live a growing life of godliness and obedient service.
• That all people will be bodily resurrected and will face God’s mercy and judgment: the unrepentant will be eternally separated from God in hell, but the redeemed in Christ will be blessed with eternal life with Him in heaven.
• That Jesus commanded all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and make disciples of people of every nation, teaching them the whole counsel of God.
• That the purpose of all missions is that all nations and peoples worship God and glorify Him. Benefits to mankind are secondary to this goal.
• That there is a spiritual unity of the Church universal for all believers in Jesus.
• We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His Kingdom.
These truths compel Women of Hope International to move forward with urgency and eager hope.